Monday, August 15, 2011

5 years!

Brian and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary last month. I can't believe we've been married for that long. It seems like we were just dating at APU... but at the same time it's hard to remember my life without him. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband. We had a great trip. It started with a walk down memory lane...

Where it all began.



More specifically here...

The Crestview pool. At the beginning of my Sophomore year I was hanging out with some of my friends at the pool. Brian and his friend (another Brian) came by the pool after a game of tennis. Somehow we ended up at their house for a BBQ... I believe it was Labor day weekend.

This was the house...

Brian lived in the canyon house with.. 6 (trying to remember exactly, but not sure) other guys. Lots of memories were made here! From BBQ's, to Christmas parties, becoming "officially BF and GF and even our first kiss!! How cheezy, but all memorable times in our relationship.

This was where I was living.. the good ol' Mods


We spent a lot of our time between classes hanging out here..

Cougar Walk!

And my junior year I lived here...




We ended our little visit down memory lane with a stop at the first place we lived when we got married. Parkwood Place apartments in Glendora.


We had fun visiting all the places that hold so many great memories for us. However, we were more looking forward to our final destination. Crystal cove. We got an awesome deal on a little beach cottage. It was gorgeous.

The side of our little cottage


We had such a big yard I felt like we needed to entertain some guests... We did end up getting to see some great friends.


Our view from the porch




The inside






The beach


Such a cool little community


The little cottage on the cliff above me is where we stayed.


This was staged but not far from how we did spend most of our trip.. no internet and no tv... relaxing!


Sunset..


Brian's brother and his wife came to visit us the last night we were there. We were so happy we got to spend a bit more time with them before their big move to Texas! We will miss them like crazy... but Christmas doesn't seem TOO far away.


We had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to go back there sometime. Hopefully next summer for a family vacation. =)

No comments: